Each Day Lance and I evaluate how long we could actually be on this type of eating plan and almost each day the number of weeks/days goes down. We heard of one person who did this for 11 months and we just looked at each other in amazement.
I thought, going into this, the lack of sugar was going to be a big problem for me, but I am finding myself missing things like potatoes, rice, or any resemblance of a bread product. For Lance, eating 6-7 times a day is great, until the things you are eating get extremely repetitive; cheese, nuts, veggies, hummus, repeat...
Yesterday, I thought having guacamole would be such a wonderful treat as we both love it. However there are no chips or anything that resembles a chip on this eating plan. The suggested form of dipping is red cabbage. I had this a ready to go so that when Lance came home from work we could quickly sit down and have a meal. He looked at the plate with very quizzical brow, picked up the cabbage, dipped, and consumed. His face looked as if he had just eaten cows brains or something. He looked up at me and said very emphatically, "That is not a chip."
We are not subjecting our son to this rigid eating plan. He had a luxurious stack of REAL pancakes this morning. While we had...
Lance told me this morning that this has been a bit enlightening in that we need to start viewing food as a utility and not a pleasure. I thought about this for a moment, agreed and said we are probably a country who is the worst offender of that. We have so much food to choose from that we can be picky and it becomes more of a pleasure than a need. So then, to break this thought provoking comment, my husband replied, "So basically we are choosing to eat like poop." Ahhh, and there is Lance for you.

Eric and I are both laughing. :) well written! When you mentioned red cabbage, I guess I was thinking about a side dish, had no idea it was a chip "replacement"! ha! You guys are troupers.
ReplyDelete