Thursday, July 15, 2010

"elp"

Isaiah has a variety of new words he is using that make life both easier and harder. He says "up" when he wants held, "oh ba" when he tries to mimic mom or dad when we say "oh boy," for Grandpa and Grandma he says, "Papa" and "amma," and probably the best and worst of them is, "elp." Mama got sick of a whinny boy, so... she was either rather brilliant or naive. Isaiah would start whining every time he was frustrated with his walker running into the wall, or if he was unable to reach or figure something out. Mama started ignoring the rather fitful whining and would calmly say, "Isaiah you need to ask for help." It took about 5 more fits for Isaiah to finally realize it wasn't working and yell out in the most pathetically whinny voice, "elp." Now, about 2 weeks later I hear the word, "elp" about every 5 seconds. I must say it is far better than whining, and fairly comical, but more tiresome than ever expected.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Isaiah! You are getting Sooo Big using new words. I can't "elp" but laugh. Just wait until he starts to use the word WHY. Miss and love you all! Love Gramzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Isaiah is starting to talk now. Such a big boy. Can't wait till Disney!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers