Sunday, June 28, 2009

Isaiah's "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day"

This is how it all started...

Mommy noticed a little rash on my feet Friday morning, and by Friday evening they took this picture of me. The rash spread to my legs, hands and arms. Mommy kept saying my face looked "blotchy."

  • 12pm Sat- Mommy and Daddy called my doctor
  • 3pm Sat-Mommy and Daddy took me to see the doctor. At the doctors office 5 nurses came in to see my rash. 2 doctors looked at me with puzzled faces and told my mom and dad to take me to the ER.
  • 4pm Sat-We arrived at the ER. There, I was a lady's man, at one point I had 7 women hovered over me. That is when they made me scream for almost an hour straight. They had to take 6-8 viles of blood and I heard the nurse say 4 times that she blew my vein. My mommy and daddy were both crying because of the pain that they saw me in.
  • 5pm Sat- blood work came back normal, but they told me I had to spend the night in the hospital. The rest of the evening was spent in our hospital room becoming friends with my nurses.

The middle of the night- It seemed like every time I fell asleep the nurse came in to take my temperature (which normally made me poop), take my blood pressure, and shine I bright light on my skin to check my rash. Daddy had to sleep on a bed that seemed it was made for my 7 year old cousin. Mommy stayed awake to feed me, and put me back to sleep every time the nurses woke me up.

In the morning we waited forever for the doctor to come see me. I was so angry that he took so long that I decided to teach him a lesson. As he was checking my skin, I thought I would express my disapproval by peeing on him. Mommy and Daddy cheered me on after the doctor left the room.

The doctor made us wait some more so that a dermatologist could look at my skin.

By the time the dermatologist came, my rash was gone and they finally said I could go home.
Then I was able to sleep!


2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!!! poor baby and his parents!! I hope he is ok!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they ever find out what was wrong with him?
    How scary!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers